Miss Leah is a DREAM baby. Oh how I love this little girl. She sleeps. She is content to lay in her Rock n play sleeper and watch her brothers. She is easy-going and is happy to be held by anyone. She will either nurse or take a bottle without a problem. She doesn't seem bothered by the constant stream of hugs, kisses, and pokes from Daniel and Patrick. EVERYONE should have one baby like this because it is heaven!!!!
Being back at work is fine. I was GREAT for the first two weeks. Then we had spring break. I had a tough time going back after that, and Monday mornings are a little difficult. I love my students and feel needed and appreciated at work, so that really helps motivate me. Plus I really like my school, my coworkers, and my job in general.
Pumping is a HUGE pain. Teaching and privacy do not mix. Everyone expects you to be available in your classroom pretty much at all times, God forbid I disappear to pump or have the door locked. The schedule is always changing for this or that....can you cover for this teacher without a sub? Or supervise this class at the assembly this morning? I have already been walked in on. Ugh.
The weight loss is going amazingly well :) I was very discouraged to return to work when Leah was 8 weeks old in maternity pants. I was able to fit into my "size up" pants by the time she was 11 weeks, and I just now tried on my regular size and they FIT! I have 6.7 pounds left to lose, then I am going shopping. I haven't really shopped for summer clothes that aren't maternity since pre-Daniel :) I was worried that I would not be able to keep up my workout routine, and I was right. I just CANNOT workout in the morning, and I am unwilling to give up afternoon/evening time to do it. I am already away from Leah enough. However, calorie counting seems to be doing the trick as far as getting the weight off. I will work on toning everything up this summer when I have more time.
So, that is what is going on here! I am happy to have all of the worries of the pregnancy, birth, and maternity leave behind me. The musical didn't kill me and went great, my water DID break at work but I survived it, my students survived my sub and we got gold at ISSMA, I've been walked in on while pumping and survived that, I'm somehow managing to find the time to pump, and it's enough to keep her full during the day, Mike and Matt are doing fine at home with her, we're all sleeping and I'm not tired at work. It's all ok :)
No comments:
Post a Comment